This continues a 7-week prayer initiative Praying God's Word over Lexington.
Week 6 – PRAY FOR FAMILIES
5/23 – Marriage and the Family
For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh. (Genesis 2:24)
- Thank God for his design of marriage. Consider the benefits to the family.
- Seek forgiveness for ways marriage has been cheapened through selfishness, lies, entertainment value, convenience, etc.
- Pray for a return to Godly marriage & healing of brokenness.
5/25 – Single Parent Families
“But you, Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high. I call out to the Lord, and he answers me from his holy mountain. I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me. I will not fear though tens of thousands assail me on every side.” (Psalm 3:3-6)
- Pray for parents going through divorce and their response toward their children.
- Intercede for hope to become evident in seemingly overwhelming circumstances.
- Cry out to God for ways LexChristian can be used to bring hope and healing to single parent families.
5/27 – Healthy Families
Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother” (which is the first commandment with a promise), “that it may go well with you and that you may have a long life on the earth.” (Ephesians 6:1-3)
- Convict parents to fulfill their calling to love, lead, discipline and care for their children.
- Pray for husbands & wives to be committed to each other first, then their children.
- Encouragement for area parents and allow God to use you to be a beacon of hope in your sphere of influence.
5/24 – Hearts of Fathers & children
Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and awesome Day of the LORD. And he will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers. Otherwise, I will come and strike the land with a curse.” (Malachi 4:5-6)
- Intercede for fathers to powerfully turn their hearts back to their children.
- Pray for forgiveness, restoration and healing to occur in homes throughout Lexington.
- Ask God to raise up spiritual moms and dads for children in need. (fostering, adopting, etc.)
5/26 – Christ-Centered Marriages
Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.
Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, His body, of which He is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her. (Ephesians 5:21-25)
- Pray for faithful couples who are resolute in their marriages to bring ultimate glory to God.
- Enable husbands to lead and love their wives as Christ leads and loves the church.
- Pray for wives to be willing to submit and be a helpmate to their husbands.
- Ask for courage and divine wisdom for those struggling in their marriage.
5/28 – Troubled families
“But those who trust in the Lord for help will find their strength renewed. They will rise on wings like eagles; they will run and not get weary; they will walk and not grow weak.” (Isaiah 40:31)
- Pray for healing of troubled families and a leading of them back to God & healing.
- Security for parents and children in the midst of frightening situations and a chaotic world.
- Intercede for prodigals (children, family members, friends, etc.)
• Open the eyes of their heart to the things of God.
• Help them to see the light of the TRUTH.
• As parents or concerned believers, acknowledge that these prodigals belong to God (the best parent) & they can rest assured in that truth.
5/29 - Reflect on what God has been showing you this week.