This continues a 7-week prayer initiative Praying God's Word over Lexington.
Week 3 - PRAY FOR AMERICA
5/2 – Government—Federal, State, Local
(Executive, Legislative, Judicial, Governor, Mayor, Police Chief)
First of all, then, I urge that petitions, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgiving be offered for everyone— for kings and all those in authority—so that we may lead tranquil and quiet lives in all godliness and dignity. (1 Timothy 2:1-2)
- Pray for wise and godly leaders & their counselors.
- Clarity on issues and how to best use time and talents.
- Soften hearts to hear needs of communities they serve.
- Protection from falling into temptations and plots of evil; to stand for righteousness.
5/4 – Arts, Entertainment, and Media
“...Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable –if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things.” (Philippians 4:8)
- Pray for a spirit of discernment to recognize truth from a lie.
- Guide news professionals to seek truth and gather evidence, to present the issues of the day clearly and honestly.
- Christians in media to find favor and be filled with creative ideas that bring Kingdom principles and life-giving messages to the public.
- Strengthen Christians in this arena to boldly stand for Biblical truth in the writer’s rooms, board meetings and creative processes.
5/6 – Business and the Workplace
It is well with the man who deals generously and lends; who conducts his affairs with justice. (Psalm 112:5)
- Open the hearts of business leaders to be soul-searching casting out any greed, selfish ambition and idols laying them on the altar of repentance.
- Shift leaders hearts genuinely concerned with the overall wellbeing of their workers.
- Christian workers to display Christ-like humility and service to their co-workers.
5/3 – Our Armed Services
“We wait for Yahweh; He is our help and shield. For our hearts rejoice in Him because we trust in His holy name.” (Psalm 33:20-21)
- Wise and righteous decision by leaders.
- Perseverance to endure hardship.
- Protection and support for families left behind.
5/5 – Pray for Revival
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. (2 Chronicles 7:14)
- Ask Holy Spirit stir up hearts to return to Him.
- A hunger for Truth and Godly discernment to be poured out.
- A revealing of sin, apathy, and pain needs to be surrender to God so healing can begin.
- Ask Jesus to give you eyes to see the work that He is already doing toward revival in Lexington and our nation.
5/7 – Education of Young People
And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. (Deuteronomy 6:6-7)
- Stir the hearts of parents to take an active role in the academic, spiritual, and emotional formation of their children.
- Set young people free from hopelessness, despair, depression, anxiety, loneliness, and substance abuse.
- Guide school boards to be wise in choosing curriculums that uphold the truth of the Word.
5/8 - Reflect on what God has been showing you this week.