This continues a 7-week prayer initiative Praying God's Word over Lexington.
Week 2 - PRAY FOR RECONICLIATION
Between Races and/or between People Groups: Those of different backgrounds (countries, socio-economic statuses, religious affiliations, etc.)
4/25 – Seek Forgiveness for Ungodly Distinctions
“For there is no difference between Jew and Greek: The same Lord is Lord of all, and gives richly to all who call on Him, for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” (Romans 10:12-13)
- Ask for a spirit of forgiveness for division here in Lexington.
- Seek God for a new work of healing, unity and grace to flow.
- Pray for unifiers to arise in the body of Christ to forge relationships across racial lines & people groups.
- Pray for salvation to come to ALL people in Lexington.
4/27 – Live with No Bias
Then Peter began to speak: “I now truly understand that God does not show favoritism, but welcomes those from every nation who fear Him and do what is right. (Acts 10:34-35)
- Ask the Lord to show you specific ways you have shown partiality to those you’re more comfortable with than others.
- Pray for new eyes to see those around you.
- Ask Holy Spirit to show you ways to be an agent of unity and restoration in Lexington and within your sphere of influence.
4/29 – Dealing with Hatred
If anyone claims to be in the light but hates his brother, he is still in the darkness. Whoever loves his brother remains in the light, and there is no cause of stumbling in him. (1 John 2:9-10)
- Ask God to bring to mind people groups that you harbor hatred or have failed to love.
- Repent of ways you have failed to act or reach out on behalf of those from other cultures.
- Ask Holy Spirit to give you insight to allow you to see people of other cultures through God’s eyes. (Both gifting & needs they may have)
- Pray for a way to help bring reconciliation to Lexington and ask what Jesus would have you do.
4/26 – Realization of Oneness in Christ
You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. (Galatians 3:26-28)
- Pray for true reconciliation in churches, schools and the community.
- Seek God for a close and personal friend of another race or people group.
- Plead with God that he might be glorified on earth through his unified people.
4/28 – Refuse to Judge by Appearances
“Stop judging by outward appearances, and start judging justly.” (John 7 24)
- Ask Jesus to bring to mind individuals or people you have wrongly condemned.
- Ask Him for the ability to view them through Jesus’ eyes.
- Repent of how you may have allowed your judgement to separate you from Jesus’ love for others.
- Ask God to show you how to judge (or evaluate) people and situations rightly.
4/30 – Celebrate Every Tribe and Nation
After this I looked and saw a multitude too large to count, from every nation and tribe and people and tongue, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and holding palm branches in their hands. (Revelation 7:9)
- Praise God for the multi-colored, multi-ethnic Body of Christ in Lexington.
- Seek Holy Spirit for a leading toward one person of another race or people group you can bless this week.
- Ask for God’s will to be done for unity and love between all people on earth as it is in heaven.
- Rejoice in what God will do to make his diverse body one!
5/1 - Reflect on what God has been showing you this week.