This continues a 7-week prayer initiative Praying God's Word over Lexington.
Week 5 – PRAY FOR LIFE
5/16 – Knit Together in My Mother’s Womb
You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. (Psalm 139:13-15)
- Pray for an end to abortion and a heart to help bring that about.
- Pray for women in the Lexington area who may be faced with the unthinkable decision today. Ask for Jesus to send people of grace to guide, support and nurture those couples with hope.
- Cry out for babies scheduled to be aborted today. Pray for their protection. Ask for courage to surround these moms and dads in the midst of this crisis.
5/18 – Rescue Those being Taken to Death
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” (Matt 19:14)
- Seek God on behalf of moms and dads leaning toward abortion… to change their minds and choose life for their babies.
- Intercede for pastors in Lexington to boldly preach about the sin of abortion and the mercy of God for those who have had or were complicit in abortion.
- Cry out for God to give you and other believers divine appointments with friends, family and complete strangers who are facing life and death decisions.
5/20 – Let the Little Children Come
But when Jesus saw this, He was indignant and told them, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not hinder them! For the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.” (Mark 10:14)
- Thank God for the children in Lexington. (Mention specific names)
- Pray for a heart to see and love children as Jesus does.
- Ask Holy Spirit to open your eyes to the needs of children around you and show you where He is calling you to love them.
5/17 – Set Apart Before Birth
“I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations.” (Jeremiah 1:5)
- Seek forgiveness for ways you may have been passively pro-life. Ask God for steps you can be taking to become active.
- Pray for leaders, pastors and believers in the area to join in unity for the sake of the unborn and children in need.
- Intercede for healthy, Christian families to answer the call to foster and adopt.
5/19 – Cleanse the Community of the Shedding of Innocent Blood
“Accept this atonement, O LORD, for Your people Israel whom You have redeemed, and do not hold the shedding of innocent blood against them.”
And the bloodshed will be atoned for. So you shall purge from among you the guilt of shedding innocent blood, since you have done what is right in the eyes of the LORD. (Deuteronomy 21:8-9)
- Seek forgiveness on behalf of our nation for the millions of aborted babies (surgical and chemical).
- Ask for God to expose the atrocity of abortion in America and bring unshakable conviction across our community and nation causing repentance.
- Seek an awakening of the truth that life must be valued. Offer before God to be a Spirit-filled advocate for life.
5/21 – Value of Life in All Stages
You have decided the length of our lives. You know how many months we will live, and we are not given a minute longer. (Job 14:5)
- Pray for believers to agree with God’s Word about the value of human life in all its stages and forms.
- Intercede for special needs and neglected elderly that they would be loved, valued, cared for and treasured.
- Pray for those in your sphere of influence who have contemplated or are contemplating suicide. Ask Holy Spirit to give you a sensitivity to your involvement and do what He leads.
5/22 - Reflect on what God has been showing you this week.