This is the final 5 days of a 40-Day Prayer Initiative seeking to ignite revival in our personal lives, our churches & communities to impact lives for generations to come!
This week is a call to praise... Praise is the means by which God transforms our lives and enables us to do His will and glorify Him. We culminate our journey on the National Day of Prayer... praying on behalf of our country. -PRAYLEX 2023
DAY 36 (4/30) - PRAISE GOD FOR HIS GREATNESS
Read & pray through Deuteronomy 32:3-4.
- Consider this in light of both good and hard times.
- His molding and shaping you to be more like Him.
- Praise God throughout your day for His many blessings.
DAY 38 (5/2) – PRAISE GOD FOR HIS GRACE
Read each & pray through Ps 103:6-10 (see below)
6The LORD executes righteousness
and justice for all the oppressed.
7He made known His ways to Moses,
His deeds to the people of Israel.
- Praise God for His righteousness & justice in all things.
8The LORD is compassionate and gracious,
slow to anger, abounding in loving devotion.
9He will not always accuse us,
nor harbor His anger forever.
- Consider His compassion and graciousness.
10He has not dealt with us according to our sins
or repaid us according to our iniquities.
- How he does NOT give us what we deserve.
DAY 40 (5/4) – NATIONAL DAY OF PRYER
For over 70 years the National Day of Prayer has brought together believers to pray for our country. Today is that day! You’re invited to join in with others at LexChristian Church from 7-8pm.
THOSE IN AUTHORITY
Prepare your heart by reading 1 Timothy 2:1-2.
- Pray for wise and godly leaders & their counselors.
- Ask for clarity on issues & how to best use their time and talents.
- Soften hearts of leaders to hear needs of communities they serve.
- Protection from falling into temptations and plots of evil; courage to stand for righteousness.
Prepare your heart by reading 2 Chronicles 7:14.
- Ask Holy Spirit to stir up hearts to return to Him.
- Pray for a hunger for Truth & for Godly discernment to be poured out.
- Pray for a revealing of sin and apathy that needs to be surrender to Him for healing to begin.
- Ask Jesus to give you eyes to see the work that Holy Spirit is already doing toward revival in Lexington and our nation... and a heart to obey His leading.
DAY 37 (5/1) – PRAISE GOD FOR HIS KINDNESS
Read each & pray through Ps 103:1-5 (see below).
1Bless the LORD, O my soul;
all that is within me, bless His holy name.
2Bless the LORD, O my soul,
and do not forget all His kind deeds—
- Consider God’s kindness toward you, toward those close to you & toward our community.
3He who forgives all your iniquities
and heals all your diseases,
- Thank God for His forgiveness and the impact it makes.
4who redeems your life from the Pit
and crowns you with loving devotion and compassion,
5who satisfies you with good things,
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
- Rejoice in God’s ability to redeem seemingly hopeless circumstances... How He supplies good things every time!
DAY 39 (5/3) – PRAISE GOD FOR ALL HE DOES.
Read each & pray through Ps 103:20-22
20Bless the LORD, all His angels mighty in strength
who carry out His word,
who hearken to the voice of His command.
- Ponder the angels and their part in doing the God’s will.
21Bless the LORD, all His hosts,
you servants who do His will.
- Praise Him for all the things He is sustaining.
22Bless the LORD, all His works
in all places of His dominion.
Bless the LORD, O my soul!
- Worship the Lord for all He is doing, has done and will do!