This is week 4 of a 40-Day Prayer Initiative seeking to ignite revival in our personal lives, our churches & communities to impact lives for generations to come!
What if God used you to begin an awakening of your church family, along with churches throughout your city and region?
What if your co-workers and neighbors came to know Jesus because you began to pray and opportunities emerged to engage with them?
What if the very God-ordained purposes for your city were realized all because of your daily prayers and thousands of others? -PRAYLEX 2023
DAY 22 (4/16) - KNIT TOGETHER IN MY MOTHER'S WOMB
Prepare your heart by reading Psalm 139:13-16.
- Pray for women in the Lexington area who may be faced with an unplanned pregnancy and feel there is no other option but abortion.
- Ask for Jesus to send people of grace to guide, support and nurture those in crisis. Consider if He may be calling you to be more involved.
- Cry out for babies in our community slated to be discarded this week via chemical abortions (by far the most popular method). Pray for an infusion of hope and a change of heart for these moms and dads.
- Pray to be a voice for the helpless as you have opportunity.
DAY 24 (4/18) – RESCUE THOSE BEING TAKEN TO DEATH
Prepare your heart by reading Psalm 127:3.
- Seek God on behalf of moms and dads who are leaning toward abortion… Pray that they would value their children and see a future for themselves.
- Pray for those involved in performing abortions in any way. Ask for them to be convicted and repent being redeemed for good works.
- Cry out for God to give you and other believers divine appointments with friends, family or even complete strangers who are facing life and death decisions. Pray for a sensitivity to God’s leading.
DAY 26 (4/20) – LET THE LITTLE CHILDREN
Prepare your heart by reading Mark 10:14.
- Pray for a heart to see and love children as Jesus does.
- Thank God for children you know in your family, community and neighborhood.
- Ask Holy Spirit to open your eyes to the needs of children around you and how He is calling you to love them. Then do it yet this week!
DAY 23 (4/17) – SET APART BEFORE BIRTH
Prepare your heart by reading Jeremiah 1:5.
- Pray for a fresh wonder of life and value for each human being.
- Seek forgiveness for ways you may have been devalued life. Pray for those you have devalued that they might be blessed.
- Pray for leaders, pastors and believers to join in unity for the sake of the unborn and children in need.
- Intercede for children needing a family. Pray for your role in helping them find a stable, healthy home.
DAY 25 (4/19) – SHEDDING INNOCENT BLOOD
Prepare your heart by reading Deuteronomy 21:8-9.
- Seek forgiveness on behalf of our nation for the millions of aborted babies.
- Ask for God to expose abortion in America for what it is and that He’d bring conviction across our community & nation causing repentance.
- Pray for a realization of the value of life that is around you. Offer to be an advocate for life wherever you have opportunity.
DAY 27 (4/21) – VALUE LIFE IN ALL ITS STAGES
Prepare your heart by reading Job 14:5.
- Pray for unity in the Body of Christ regarding the value of human life in all its stages and forms.
- Intercede for special needs children and adults in your community. Ask God if He is calling you to meet a need and if so, do it.
- Pray for the aging population. Ask God to show you how you can love them and show them they’re valued.
DAY 28 (4/22) - SUICIDE & DEPRESSION
Prepare your heart by reading 2 Corinthians 1:8-9.
- Pray for those in your sphere of influence struggling with depression and hopelessness.
- Ask God to use you to be an encourager to someone struggling. Be open to His leading and reach out today.
- Pray for courage to seek help for yourself (or those you know) struggling with suicide and/or depression and strength to do what’s needed and best.