This marks the final week of a 7-week prayer initiative praying God's Word over Lexington. There is more to come in the months ahead. God is not finished with us yet! PRIASE BE TO GOD!
Week 7 – THE POWER OF PRAISE
Praise is the means by which God transforms our lives and enables us to do His will and glorify Him. Use the following passages as you deeply reflect on who the Lord God really is and give Him praise!
5/30 – Praise God for His Greatness
I will proclaim the name of the LORD; how glorious is our God! He is the Rock; his deeds are perfect. Everything he does is just and fair. He is a faithful God who does no wrong; how just and upright he is! (Duet 32:3-4)
- Consider this in light of both good and hard times.
- His molding and shaping you to be more like Him.
- Praise God throughout your day for His many blessings.
6/1 – Praise God for His Grace
(Read & Pray Psalm 103:6-10)
The LORD executes righteousness
and justice for all the oppressed.
7He made known His ways to Moses,
His deeds to the people of Israel.
- Praise God for His righteousness & justice in all things.
8The LORD is compassionate and gracious,
slow to anger, abounding in loving devotion.
9He will not always accuse us,
nor harbor His anger forever.
- Consider His compassion and graciousness.
10He has not dealt with us according to our sins
or repaid us according to our iniquities.
- How he does NOT give us what we deserve.
6/3 – Praise God for Who He Is
(Read & Pray Psalm 103:15-19)
As for man, his days are like grass—
he blooms like a flower of the field;
16when the wind passes over, it vanishes,
and its place remembers it no more.
- Consider God’s eternal nature vs our temporary lives apart from Him.
17But from everlasting to everlasting
the loving devotion of the LORD
extends to those who fear Him,
and His righteousness to their children’s children
18to those who keep His covenant
and remember to obey His precepts.
- Rejoice for God’s love, devotion & righteousness toward His children.
19The LORD has established His throne in heaven,
and His kingdom rules over all.
- Marvel at God’s throne in heaven and rulership over all. (Read Rev 4)
5/31 – Praise God for His Kindness
(Read & Pray Psalm 103:1-5)
Bless the LORD, O my soul;
all that is within me, bless His holy name.
2Bless the LORD, O my soul,
and do not forget all His kind deeds—
- Consider God’s kindness toward you, your family & Lexington.
3He who forgives all your iniquities
and heals all your diseases,
- Celebrate His forgiveness (toward you, others, those yet to receive it)
4who redeems your life from the Pit
and crowns you with loving devotion and compassion,
5who satisfies you with good things,
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
- Rejoice in God’s redeeming capacity & the good things supplied.
6/2 – Praise God for His Love
(Read & Pray Psalm 103:11-14)
For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is His loving devotion for those who fear Him.
12As far as the east is from the west,
so far has He removed our transgressions from us.
- How limitless His love is toward ALL.
13As a father has compassion on his children,
so the LORD has compassion on those who fear Him.
14For He knows our frame;
He is mindful that we are dust.
- While we are not impressive, His compassion toward us is.
6/4 – Praise God for All He Does
(Read & Pray Psalm 103:20-22)
Bless the LORD, all His angels mighty in strength
who carry out His word,
who hearken to the voice of His command.
- Ponder the angels and their part in doing the God’s will.
21Bless the LORD, all His hosts,
you servants who do His will.
- Praise Him for all the things He is sustaining.
22Bless the LORD, all His works
in all places of His dominion.
Bless the LORD, O my soul!
- Worship the Lord for all He is doing, has done and will do!
Believe with unwavering faith and a heart tender toward God and ready to move. Then see how He uses everyday people like you and me to be His hands and feet to the Lexington community for His glory!